Architects

 

The people who built Brighton and Hove: O

     
Names beginning with
A  B  C  D  E   F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z
Search the site
O   local work
italic: demolished | *listed
OCKENDEN, Edmund Jury Snr
1810-1878
Stone mason (1841), builder employing 12 men (1851) at 12 Temple Street. Father of E J Ockenden. Poll Book for 1840 lists Edmund Jury Ockenden at a house in Temple Street; as this could not be his son, it is assumed that the father also had the middle name Jury.
OCKENDEN, Edmund Jury Jr
1833-1906
Brighton-born builder, son of Edmund Ockenden. Working as a mason (1851) from his parents' address. Builder at 13 Station Road, Portslade (1871-1906), builder employing nine men and four boys (1871), builder and brick-maker (1881). Lived at 12 Temple Street, 28-29 Brigden Street (1871), ,13 Church Road (1881). Retired by 1891 and living at 10 Westbourne Villas (1891), 70 Walsingham Road (1901). Left £2,650. 6 Grand Avenue* (c1880)
OLIVER, William
Builder at 18 Elder Place with stores at 25 Providence Place (1893).
OLLIVER, George
1826-1903
Carpenter and builder at 2 Montpelier Road North (1851-1864), 46 Warleigh Road (1881-1885), 57 Islingword Road (1888-1896). Retired by 1901, living at 21 Elder Place (1898-1903). His daughter Sarah was a missionary preacher.
OLLIVER, H
Builder at 77 Goldstone Villas (1902).
OLLIVER, John
(1853- )
Builder at 5 Pembroke Avenue (1902), 12 Richmond Terrace (1911).
OLLIVER, William
Builder in Roedean Road (1897), at 11 Normanton Street (1902).
OVERTON, William Henry FRIBA
1880-1946
Architect in independent practice from 1903. FRIBA 1925. WORK
Royal Alexandra Hospital for Sick Children, Dyke Road (bathroom and lavatory, 1920; staff dining room, extension to nurses home and other additions, 1925)
9 Colebrook Road (1917,1921)
PERSONAL
22 Ship Street (practice 1912-28)
Overton & Partners
Architectural firm. Brighton Spiritual Church, Edward Street (1965)
Overton & Scott
Architectural firm, partnership of William H Overton and Leslie Scott, active 1904-1908, principally in Hove and Aldrington. • 2 detached houses and 10 pairs of semi-detached houses in Bigwood Villas (Avenue) (1904-1906)
• 9 detached houses and 1 pair semi-detached houses in New Church Road (1904, 1907)
• 2 pairs of semi-detached houses in Wilbury Avenue (1905)
• 10 pairs of semi-detached houses, 3 shops, 4 detached houses and 6 terraced houses in Wilbury Crescent (1905, 1908)
• 2 detached houses and 3 pairs of semi-detached houses in Wilbury Villas (1905-1906)
• 14 houses in Buller Road (1905)
• 4 pairs of semi-detached villas on north side of Cromwell Road (1906)
• 10 houes and extention of road at west end of Lorna Road (1906)
• 2 houses in Dyke Road (1907)
• 6 houses in Balfour Road (1907)
• 4 houses in Ryde Road (1908)
     
Previous | Next

 

Page updated 9 March 2022