Streets beginning with
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
|Search the site
|Y||Census districts lists||references|
|York Avenue||Northward continuation of York Road.|
|York Grove||Built in the 1880s on the former New England Farm as a later part of the Prestonville development. The land for development of this area was conveyed by John, Richard and Elizabeth Philipson (heirs of William Pegg) to Daniel Friend on 1 May 1869 for £3,800. See also 27a Old Shoreham Road.|
|York Hill||Formerly called York Road North.|
¶ Valley Gardens conservation area.
|Fawcett County Secondary Boys' School and Margaret Hardy County Secondary Girls' School. The entrance archway remains to these schools and is now associated with the City College. Both schools moved to Ladies Mile Road c.1967: the boys' school to the top of the road, becoming Patcham Fawcett School and the girls' school to the site now Patcham High School, which was formed in 1989 by the amalgamation of the schools. Named after Henry Fawcett MP and his wife Dame Millicent Garrett Fawcett and Alderman Miss Margaret Hardy.||1826|
¶ Brunswick Town conservation area.
|Previously known as Grove Road. 19 houses under construction in 18511. The south-east end has an HCS (hackney carriage stand) plaque on the wall.||1861
1Census1851 (HO107/1647 folio 55 p10)
|∫ York Road North||Former name of York Hill.|
|† York Row||Census1851|
|∫ York Street, Kemp Town||Former name of Eastern Road to the east of Rock Street, renamed 6 February 18961.||1ESRO DB/D/27/114|
|∫ York Street||Built after 1776; 20 houses by 1795. Renamed Camelford Street.|
|York Villas||Built in the 1880s on the former New England Farm as a later part of the Prestonville development. The land for development of this area was conveyed by John, Richard and Elizabeth Philipson (heirs of William Pegg) to Daniel Friend on 1 May 1869 for £3,800. Renumbered 1 June 19331.
26 was the farm house for New England Farm from before 1820 that stood alone until the surrounding houses were built.
|Yorklands, Hove||Private road of three executive houses built 2003 off Dyke Road Avenue.|
|Youngsmere Close||Cul-de-sac of terraced housing with separate garage block. Numbered 19 September 1962 and 6 June 19631.||1ESRO DB/D/27/403|
Page updated 4 February 2017